A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Microsoft does read the input they receive through the Feedback facility. They won't necessarily respond, though, even if you ask them to do so.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am doing revisions on a novel and random people are now showing up in the track changes. I have not shared this document with anyone, but it is stored in my OneDrive. How did these people's names get in my document? They are coming up as reviewers and their names are attached to changes I've made.
This is incredibly concerning and a HUGE privacy violation. Has anyone else seen this??
For what it is worth, I've googled these people and I have NO connection to them at all. But one thing I did notice is that LinkedIn profiles appear for all of them near the top of the Google results. One of them is the CMO of Whole Foods?? I, personally, do not have a LinkedIn profile nor have I ever.
Microsoft Word for Mac v16.69.1
macOS 13.2
EDIT: I updated the screenshot to remove content of document.
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Microsoft does read the input they receive through the Feedback facility. They won't necessarily respond, though, even if you ask them to do so.
Dear all,
I have the same issue.
In my instance this only affects document formatting (highlighting and text size).
Has anyone seen any change to fundamental content? Or to comments?
Many thanks,
Jon
Hi Jim,
The Word Product Team have opened a bug report for this issue, which had been reported by some enterprise customers. Therefore, we can expect a fix in due course.
Hi Doug -
Do we have a Bug ID for this? Wanted to pass it along to the MS engineer on my premier case.
Thanks
Thanks. We'll find out. It usually is enough and will have all the information they need.
This is clearly some kind of bug. We had the same issue so I made a test document and had 5 people edit it with Tracked Changes on. Everything seemed fine but eventually I reopened it and saw it added an "Author" to my list of Specific People. Author was listed as having made some formatting changes that I had made. It seems most if not all of the changes from these phantom accounts we've seen have been formatting and we've confirmed no one unauthorized has accessed the files.