One Drive Sign in Issue 0x8004e4be

Anonymous
2023-03-24T12:58:05+00:00

When i open one drive it asks for signin. When i enter my company mail id it automatically signin and give the error

Something went wrong [1001]

error code: 0x8004e4be

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-27T16:56:26+00:00

    My (temporary) fix that worked for me (I tried many suggestions in this thread) was to uninstall OneDrive, install it again, login, re-add Sharepoint data to it, let it sync. It would stay fixed for a day or 2 weeks. Repeat when it happened again. However this particular problem was eventually resolved by Microsoft. It took them a month or 2 and this issue one day completely disappeared from our office. Hopefully it's not coming back again but considering I saw another post like this 3 years ago, who knows. Just FYI

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-24T00:27:33+00:00

    I am having the same problem .... i have reset every day for over a week BUT my business one drive will not hold the account link in the settings!!!!

    Eventually i finally got to reset & then to completely resync my data which takes an hour every time!!!

    What has changed with my settings???

    Obviously looking at the number of people with the SAME error there is clearly an issue that needs fixing ASAP!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-28T00:49:58+00:00

    *Update* - turning off Wifi is no go. It happend to 2 users again this week.

    One thing to note and hopefully someone might chime in, ALL our computers (except 1) are ON all the time as they need to be available for remote work after hours (I reboot them once a week). That one computer the user turns OFF every day at the end of the day. He never had this OneDrive issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-24T03:51:24+00:00

    I think I tried on one of the PCs but it didn't seem to work. I also realized that we have mixed licenses MS E3 and MS 365 premium and premium one doesn't have option to turn off file collaboration.

    BUT one thing I've noticed, maybe it was just coincident, that moment happens when you get prompted for the password and no matter what you do it always comes back to the same thing prompting you for the password. After I clicked OK, I received slightly different error message: error code 0x8004de44  which (googling it) makes a reference to network problems. I turned off Wifi card (most of our desktops have wifi adapters). It's not connected to anything but the wifi card was on. So when I disabled wifi (I just turned on airplane mode) and clicked 'sign in' again, it just went thru! Maybe it was coincident ..who knows. I turned off all wifi cards on all our desktops. It was over a week ago. So far so good. If anything changes I'll post it here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-17T08:47:17+00:00

    Right now I have something like this (onedrive version: 23.066.0326.0005 64-bit):

    When we click Sing in and write account name ******@x.es, it thinks a moment, and nothing happens, again there is this window.

    When we click Sign in and write Principal name ******@xes.onmicrosoft.com, it wants proper account name, then password, and it thinks a moment and nothing happens, again there is this window.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments