One Drive Sign in Issue 0x8004e4be

Anonymous
2023-03-24T12:58:05+00:00

When i open one drive it asks for signin. When i enter my company mail id it automatically signin and give the error

Something went wrong [1001]

error code: 0x8004e4be

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-31T12:50:15+00:00

    I'm trying to do this myself. It seems when I install 23.048, OneDrive will update to 23.054 the instant it opens. I cannot stop the update quickly enough.

    I'm running Windows 11 22H1 Multisession in Azure Virtual Desktop. I'm testing with 22H2 and will update once I finish.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-31T09:45:14+00:00

    Same Question here.

    Microsoft, please fix this. Also the latest update, 23.054.0313.0001, is buggy on Remote Desktop Server construction! I know Remote Desktop Servers aren't on top of your priority, but as you can see, this is still a very usefull solution. I'm not the only one with these problems. So, a big shout out and fix this asap!

    I've installed version 23.002.0102.0004 and disabled the task schedules for the update and disabled the OneDrive update service and al my problems are gone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-30T14:47:27+00:00

    @Audrey, I did that a couple of days ago, basically that same process. it took all day for all the data to re-sync only to come in the next day and the same issue was occurring. I hope it's not the same for you!

    The workaround posted above does work and it's fast, just run that in powershell and reboot... however after a few days it gets really annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-28T14:11:40+00:00
    1. Microsoft 365 A3 for students use benefit
    2. 23.048.0305.0002 (64 bit)

    As the privious post said, this problem happens for the business onedrive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-24T18:01:27+00:00

    I am currently experiencing this issue as well. Outlook wouldn't sign in and Teams is also giving me connection errors.

    It happened first on my desktop, so i started using my laptop with the same account, one day has past and now the laptop won't sign in.

    Is this related to the error with conditional access?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments