How to I link one loop page to another?

Anonymous
2023-03-22T17:03:49+00:00

hi Loop team! Great to see the product out there; congrats!

Say, I'd like to (easily?) link from one (Sub-) page to another. Can I do so?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Loop | Other
Microsoft 365 and Office | Loop | Other

A collaborative workspace app in Microsoft 365 designed to help teams co-create, stay organized, and work together in real time across apps and devices.

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-19T13:14:29+00:00

    Jake, this is awesome. So happy to see the progress.

    I am unable to replicate what you're showing me in the screenshot you pasted.

    When I copy a URL from the browser bar and paste into a bulleted list, it does give me the loop icon and a nice inline link opening in current window (yay!), but it doesn't render the page name.

    When I copy a page URL from the share dialog, I do get the page name showing up in the link, but it gives the green Sharepoint icon.

    Here's what I'm seeing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-17T20:46:31+00:00

    Hey! You have a few options for linking to another Loop page:

    1. Simply type "@" on the canvas to search for the page and insert it.
    2. Alternatively, on the sidebar, hover over the page, click the three dots menu ( ... ), and choose "share page link." Then, paste it into your current page. a. If you want to add another page as a Loop component, select "share as Loop component."
    3. If you prefer a different method, navigate to the page you want to include. Click the "Share" button and select "page link," then paste it into your original page. a. To add this page as a Loop component, select "Loop component.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-16T16:53:46+00:00

    Thank you so much for sharing Yaniv! I'm happy to share that we are hard at work on these additional improvements.

    1. In progress - Page link previews will display the page title, icon, and other metdata (like last edited, by who) and in the future a preview image of the page
    2. Starting soon - URLs will open on left click in the same window by default. Today they only open with ctrl/cmd+click or right click which both open in a new tab/window

    For now, I would recommend you insert links as Link Titles by inserting in a bulleted list or adding a space to the line before inserting the link (like below).

    Note: these links below are from the browser address bar (which is why they have the Loop logo). These links will only work for those who have existing access. If you want to insert links that are company share links to other employees you will want to use the Share button, which today will show a sharepoint icon, not a loop icon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-15T18:49:30+00:00

    Great progress, thanks Jake! I must have missed this in the new features communications.

    I'm sure you're aware of this, but the user experience on those links still could use some work. Specifically:

    1. The preview for the Loop page doesn't look like it's an internal link because it still has the Sharepoint icon, and also it's gigantic. So this prevents us from creating a table of contents.
    2. If I change the "link options" to "view as URL" in order to make it visually a more concise, the only option to open the link is then through the contextual menu item "open link" which opens in a new browser tab.

    So here's a screenshot of what my options linking one loop page to another are and neither is giving me what I'd want.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-13T21:21:44+00:00

    Hi Yanviv, this work is released! Page links inserted from the browser URL and Share button will open in the same tab/window and not open in a new tab.

    Pages inserted via @ menu is in progress.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments