I am trying to delete a OneNote Notebook. I cannot seem to achieve it.

Anonymous
2023-03-27T13:35:35+00:00

I have OneNote for Windows 10. Over the course of its life it is getting filled with Notebooks that I do not require. How can I delete them?

I am told: "To delete a OneNote notebook, do the following: Go to your OneDrive account and navigate to the notebook that you want to delete (it's likely stored in Files > Documents). Right-click the name of the notebook, and then select Delete."

This doesn't work because OneDrive is empty.

Alternatively I am told: "In File Explorer, navigate to your Documents (or My Documents) folder, and then double-click OneNote Notebooks."

This doesn't work because the OneNote folder in my Documents is empty.

I am out of options.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-26T22:57:40+00:00

    Hello,

    I am trying to delete these notebooks on OneNote website. When I click on the Notebook, I am sent to OneDrive where ONLY the one notebook I want to keep is saved....How can I keep the ONE Notebook on OneDrive and delete all the others on One Notebook website?

    I tried to upload image, but was unsuccessful.

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jvwODiatqLQoFcymxCW3pJ91M2vIl-jH/view?usp=sharing

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/15UKxryyQfQyxsc6EfDfxKDXu4LBU_fW0/view?usp=sharing

    Thanks,

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-05T20:36:20+00:00

    Look into Recently opened. Maybe it works there too.

    Bernd

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-05T04:01:00+00:00

    I have this same issue and while this solution works great for the desktop app, the old ghost notebooks still appear in my files under My Content in MS 365. Did anyone else figure out how to resolve this for MS 365?

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-01T16:27:33+00:00

    OneNote from Office -> File -> Open -> Recent -> ghost notebook -> right click -> Remove from List

    Bernd

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-01T02:52:23+00:00

    As indicated, and I have the same issue, the OneDrive OneNote Notebooks folder is empty so there is no way to right click on the Notebook name since it does not exist there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments