A professional diagramming tool that helps users visualize complex information through easy-to-understand diagrams.
All I can say is that my updates were up-to-date and I still had the problem.
It was only fixed on 28th September.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
Over the past few weeks I have noticed that Visio seems to freeze and sometimes crash when zooming in/out or scrolling up or down.
I run visio on 2 PC. A windows 11 PC with the specs below, and a windows 10 PC, which has lower specs but doesn’t seem to have the same issues.
The details of my Windows 11 PC are:
Microsoft® Visio® Plan 2 MSO (Version 2304 Build 16.0.16327.20200) 64-bit
Windows 11 Pro 22H2
Processor - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2235 CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.79 GHz
RAM - 32.0 GB
GPU - Nvidia Quadro P2200
So far I have tried the following
I have noticed that the slower I zoom and scroll (eg wait a second or two between mouse zoom/scroll), the less it freezes and crashes.
A professional diagramming tool that helps users visualize complex information through easy-to-understand diagrams.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
All I can say is that my updates were up-to-date and I still had the problem.
It was only fixed on 28th September.
Oh I believe you, I was still having problems also.
I did the update, so far so good!
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
coup4ndr3, you are absolutely right.
I think the problem is definitely fixed.
I’ve been hammering Visio now for several days using drawings that previously froze constantly and it did not freeze even once since the update.
Here’s the bad news: when they fix something, they normally stuff something else up and we don’t know what that is yet. :-(