A professional diagramming tool that helps users visualize complex information through easy-to-understand diagrams.
Thanks for letting me know. I was just looking up the instructions I used. Hope it works for you.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
Over the past few weeks I have noticed that Visio seems to freeze and sometimes crash when zooming in/out or scrolling up or down.
I run visio on 2 PC. A windows 11 PC with the specs below, and a windows 10 PC, which has lower specs but doesn’t seem to have the same issues.
The details of my Windows 11 PC are:
Microsoft® Visio® Plan 2 MSO (Version 2304 Build 16.0.16327.20200) 64-bit
Windows 11 Pro 22H2
Processor - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2235 CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.79 GHz
RAM - 32.0 GB
GPU - Nvidia Quadro P2200
So far I have tried the following
I have noticed that the slower I zoom and scroll (eg wait a second or two between mouse zoom/scroll), the less it freezes and crashes.
A professional diagramming tool that helps users visualize complex information through easy-to-understand diagrams.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thanks for letting me know. I was just looking up the instructions I used. Hope it works for you.
I've had this problem since the very day I began a subscription for Visio - in 2021.
https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/696fff51-b846-ee11-a81c-6045bd8534ad
Visio Freezing GPU 100%
August 29, 2023
https://youtu.be/OQsXeWG-HlU
Visio Memory Leak
December 22, 2021
https://youtu.be/W3zJpQIA4ks
Hello,
I also have this same problem.
After deleting the registry key as shown,
I don't see the 'Disable hardware graphics acceleration' selection appear in the options
The only thing that works for me is unchecking the 'Ruler' display from the 'View' tab of the ribbon in the 'Show' group.
Seems in my case as a business user there were 2-3 monitoring / support apps constantly slowing me down, plus the company has all files on one drive and so moving them to laptop out of the onedrive area helps with lag.
also working from home on a 350/50 used solo instead of a 120/20 line shared by 6 other people. msconfig to stop un wanted software from running
@Perpéte jacky - I haven't been able to get the "Disable Hardware Graphics Acceleration" to appear either - after deleting the following registry entry:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\ExperimentConfigs\Ecs\visio\ConfigContextData
Microsoft has absolutely zero interest in fixing this sever software bug.