A professional diagramming tool that helps users visualize complex information through easy-to-understand diagrams.
For some reason, I am unable to find anything using this file path. Are you using visio for O365?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
Over the past few weeks I have noticed that Visio seems to freeze and sometimes crash when zooming in/out or scrolling up or down.
I run visio on 2 PC. A windows 11 PC with the specs below, and a windows 10 PC, which has lower specs but doesn’t seem to have the same issues.
The details of my Windows 11 PC are:
Microsoft® Visio® Plan 2 MSO (Version 2304 Build 16.0.16327.20200) 64-bit
Windows 11 Pro 22H2
Processor - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2235 CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.79 GHz
RAM - 32.0 GB
GPU - Nvidia Quadro P2200
So far I have tried the following
I have noticed that the slower I zoom and scroll (eg wait a second or two between mouse zoom/scroll), the less it freezes and crashes.
A professional diagramming tool that helps users visualize complex information through easy-to-understand diagrams.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
For some reason, I am unable to find anything using this file path. Are you using visio for O365?
I'm having the same problem same time frame. Working on a pc with windows 11. I have always had to Disable the hardware graphics acceleration in Visio. Suddenly the option to disable disappeared. I downloaded Visio to my new laptop running windows 11 and the option was there, to disable hardware graphics acceleration. Just a few minutes ago I started having scrolling and zooming issues on my laptop. Looked at the advanced settings and the disable hardware graphics acceleration had disappeared! I need help I can't work productively like this.
Had this same issue as well, what made this horrible to deal with was that it would lock up my entire system often needing a reboot if I wasn't able to force a quick logout.
Deleting the keys there disabled hardware acceleration and got it working again. Though, and as discussed in an older thread, the changes would be lost on the next start up of Visio. I had to also remove system user rights from the ConfigContextData key after deleting its contents.
It appears the issue is relating to Version 2304. We rolled back to 2302 on all computers and it seems to have fixed the issue. Hoping Microsoft has a fix to his on their next release.
I encountered this today as well opening an older diagram originally built with Visio 2010 (32-bit) on Win7. Has lots of stencils in it. It works perfectly fine on Visio 2010 (on either Win7 or Win10), but is completely unusable on Visio 2304 (on Win10 LTSC 1809). I can get Visio to hang within 10 seconds just zooming out and scrolling up. Even without zooming if I try to copy one of the stencil objects a few times it eventually fails to copy and then goes downhill from there, objects vanishing from the diagram, and graphics corruption and eventual hang. Totally unusable.
Tried disabling hardware acceleration, tried removing that registry key, tried applying updates, nothing works. I did see in the Visio changelog there was a fix for zoom but that apparently wasn't adequate.
On another more simple diagram that I made last week it works fine but it's really small and simple by comparison (~150kB vs ~12MB). Otherwise I haven't used Visio too much in the past 6+ months.