A professional diagramming tool that helps users visualize complex information through easy-to-understand diagrams.
I'm having the same issue with 16GB RAM. Visio Plan 2.
Is this somehow related to hardware acceleration Enable/Disable?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
Over the past few weeks I have noticed that Visio seems to freeze and sometimes crash when zooming in/out or scrolling up or down.
I run visio on 2 PC. A windows 11 PC with the specs below, and a windows 10 PC, which has lower specs but doesn’t seem to have the same issues.
The details of my Windows 11 PC are:
Microsoft® Visio® Plan 2 MSO (Version 2304 Build 16.0.16327.20200) 64-bit
Windows 11 Pro 22H2
Processor - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2235 CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.79 GHz
RAM - 32.0 GB
GPU - Nvidia Quadro P2200
So far I have tried the following
I have noticed that the slower I zoom and scroll (eg wait a second or two between mouse zoom/scroll), the less it freezes and crashes.
A professional diagramming tool that helps users visualize complex information through easy-to-understand diagrams.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I'm having the same issue with 16GB RAM. Visio Plan 2.
Is this somehow related to hardware acceleration Enable/Disable?
Ended up increasing the ram to 32GB given that visio needs 4GB it makes perfect sense
Phone is ok as can copy files via onedrive uploads, not tried to copy files to the phone for a while, and there is the usb lead lead option.
My work's laptop is a lenovo and it still suffers from lag and momentary pausing, but that might be onedrive :)
I had the same issues beginning around the same time, early May 2023. I rolled back to 2302 version, works like a champion, however, causes other problems. My phone is not recognised as a usb device when plugged in, so I cant transfer files across by dragging in explorer, the Prtsc button worked once then became unresponsive. These issues may be fixed with updates, which are paused so that Visio contimues to work.
How do we get Microsoft to sort this out fast. I am the only one of 10 people in our office having this issue, I even got a new laptop due to the issues, and it was still happening until the rollback.....making me look bad!!!
Got a lower specification lenovo:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Business
Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000
System SKU LENOVO_MT_21DJ_BU_idea_FM_ThinkBook 15 G4 IAP
Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1255U, 1700 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date LENOVO JFCN45WW(V2.11), 11/04/2023
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Virtual Memory 28.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.58 GB
Locale United States despite being changed to UK
Used to have the work in progress files on a onedrive shared folder, they are now copied to the local drive documents folder.
Online repair carried out, no real difference.
Boss bought a 32GB ram stick, but the engineer has found that one of the brand new screws was rounded off, so will get my computer repair screwdriver set to see if I can get the screws all removed instead of the philips screwdriver from the workshop. :)
Still having the same issue,so roll back is next, current version is 2304. Seems the outlook disable automatic updates is stuck on automatic
cmd as admin, then cd to downloads dir and config.xml
<Configuration>
<Updates Enabled="TRUE" TargetVersion="16.0.16130.20306" />
</Configuration>
Got a notification that updates are ready to install, but as still on 2304, and auto updates still enabled ?
Actually.... visio added the reg key again after a while working and it locked up again! come on microsoft... give us a fix!