A professional diagramming tool that helps users visualize complex information through easy-to-understand diagrams.
All I can say is that my updates were up-to-date and I still had the problem.
It was only fixed on 28th September.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
Over the past few weeks I have noticed that Visio seems to freeze and sometimes crash when zooming in/out or scrolling up or down.
I run visio on 2 PC. A windows 11 PC with the specs below, and a windows 10 PC, which has lower specs but doesn’t seem to have the same issues.
The details of my Windows 11 PC are:
Microsoft® Visio® Plan 2 MSO (Version 2304 Build 16.0.16327.20200) 64-bit
Windows 11 Pro 22H2
Processor - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2235 CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.79 GHz
RAM - 32.0 GB
GPU - Nvidia Quadro P2200
So far I have tried the following
I have noticed that the slower I zoom and scroll (eg wait a second or two between mouse zoom/scroll), the less it freezes and crashes.
A professional diagramming tool that helps users visualize complex information through easy-to-understand diagrams.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
All I can say is that my updates were up-to-date and I still had the problem.
It was only fixed on 28th September.
The problem is also fixed for me with the update, version 2309.
Yes, I had the same problem as everybody else.
I gave it a good workout, zooming like a maniac on different drawings that were a problem in the past, and no freezing.
I even finished some work that I would not even try to do in the past. No freezes at all. It sometimes froze within a minute.
Anyway, no guarantees for everybody, but that is the way it is for me. I'd like to know how it goes for everyone else.
strook4ndr3,
I rolled back to a previous version, which has been working ok, with some drawbacks, like unable to install relative updates. I have been waiting for a post like this.
Thanks for the update!.....So just to confirm, your Visio program was freezing like a b#@$h, and it is resolved now with the latest update.