Visio Freezes & Crashes when Scrolling or Zooming

Anonymous
2023-05-03T06:25:47+00:00

Hi,

Over the past few weeks I have noticed that Visio seems to freeze and sometimes crash when zooming in/out or scrolling up or down.

I run visio on 2 PC. A windows 11 PC with the specs below, and a windows 10 PC, which has lower specs but doesn’t seem to have the same issues.

The details of my Windows 11 PC are:

Microsoft® Visio® Plan 2 MSO (Version 2304 Build 16.0.16327.20200) 64-bit

Windows 11 Pro 22H2

Processor - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2235 CPU @ 3.80GHz   3.79 GHz

RAM - 32.0 GB

GPU - Nvidia Quadro P2200

So far I have tried the following

  • Run an online repair for Office/Visio on my Windows 11 PC and no change. Still freezes/crashes.
  • Opened the file on my Windows 11 PC running in safe mode. The file seems to work fine. Couldn’t make it freeze or crash.
  • Opened the file on a Windows 10 PC running the same version of Visio, and it works fine (so it’s not the file).
  • Creating a New Blank drawing on my Windows 11 PC seems fine.
  • Creating a New drawing based on my work templates on my Windows 10 PC seems fine.
  • Creating a New drawing based on my work templates on my Windows 11 PC has same freezing/crashing issues.

I have noticed that the slower I zoom and scroll (eg wait a second or two between mouse zoom/scroll), the less it freezes and crashes.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Visio | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-09T06:48:22+00:00

    any way to unsubscribe ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-05T06:10:02+00:00

    I think the problem is definitely fixed.

    I’ve been hammering Visio now for several days using drawings that previously froze constantly and it did not freeze even once since the update.

    Here’s the bad news: when they fix something, they normally stuff something else up and we don’t know what that is yet. :-(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-05T03:58:09+00:00

    coup4ndr3, you are absolutely right.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-05T01:40:25+00:00

    Oh I believe you, I was still having problems also.

    I did the update, so far so good!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments