In excel, when I click the help (?) icon, I get "Sorry, something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again." My network connection is fine. How do I correct this error?

Anonymous
2023-03-02T15:18:14+00:00

In excel, when I click the help (?) icon, I get "Sorry, something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again." My network connection is fine. How do I correct this error?

I am using Microsoft 365.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T17:47:01+00:00

    Are you using the desktop installed Microsoft 365 programs? Those programs are the ones I have that demonstrate the intermittent failure of the web-based Help functionality. The only megaphone I can find in those programs is when I click on File then then select Office Account. In the resulting window a What's New button with a megaphone on it is available. The problem still persists though it seems a little less frequent.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T14:56:00+00:00

    In my case, when I clicked on the Megaphone, the "Sorry, something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again" disappeared. The option was there for me to try the "New Features" or whatever it was called and clicking on that, I got rid of the 'something went wrong' thing and my icons on the Quick Access Toolbar was changed to Text, which I wanted.

    It has been reported in another thread, that that option is not there because without permission, Microsoft switched to the New Features anyway, thus leaving no option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T14:41:39+00:00

    The Megaphone leads nowhere. I don't understand how looking at upcoming changes could possibly affect the problem. Maybe I'm on the wrong megaphone but I see nothing about New Experiences. This is an intermittent problem. Sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not. But every time it is annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-12T03:34:27+00:00

    I was also enjoying the "Sorry, something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again." I had that particular pleasure about a year and a half ago and fixed it back then and tonight with the following instruction,

    I followed the instruction in the following, "To turn on the "New Experience" go to the megaphone icon in the title bar (on the right side) and click on it. This opens the Coming Soon pane. Scroll down in that until you find a switch to turn it on. Then restart Word.

    Note, if you turn on the display of text under the New Experience and switch that off, the text will go away."

    In my case both times, I was attempting to change the icons on the Quick Access Toolbar to Text, which following the advice in the above quote, and the "Sorry, something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again" did a fantastic display of disappearing and the Text showed up instead of icons. Totally refreshing!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-28T21:29:40+00:00

    Hey Microsoft! What do you think the value of the Help feature is? Why am I paying full price for something that doesn't work?

    Why is it that I am forced to use language like this in order to get your attention? Fix this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments