A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
This would be Office 2021 Pro which sells for $439.99. I'm running Windows 11 Home Edition but the problem exists regardless of OS.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
In excel, when I click the help (?) icon, I get "Sorry, something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again." My network connection is fine. How do I correct this error?
I am using Microsoft 365.
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This would be Office 2021 Pro which sells for $439.99. I'm running Windows 11 Home Edition but the problem exists regardless of OS.
* Open the Excel app
> go to File
> options
> select trust center
> select trust center settings
> Click on Privacy Option
> Click on privacy settings
> Check all the connected experiences including "Turn On experiences that download online content" and "Turn on experiences that analyze content" *
Close and reopen Excel
That is some deep menu traveling. All to get to the end and find that "Turn On experiences that download online content" is already checked. As was: "Turn on experiences that analyze content" So no changes to be made.
So . . . nothing. Of course, I am in Word and not Excel not that should make any difference. I'll look in Excel and see if it is there but I bet it ain't.
Yes, same menu, the same order of menu diving, same checked boxes.
Windows 11 21H2 OS Build 22000.2538
Office 365
The help button links to the internet to provide help. Makes sense help is a very large file it is good to keep it in one place. BUT, if the application can't connect to the internet (when everything else on your computer can) it is not a good thing. It is a bad thing.
Other items attached to the internet are the Megaphone and information about the system and examples for page numbering.
Those are the only ones I have had the misfortune to find, I imagine there are probably dozens more.
So no help here.
To what Pro Version(s) are you referring? If you are referring to the OS, I am running the Office 365 desktop programs on the latest version of Win 10 Pro build 19045-3448.
I got Help working in Excel. I can't remember what the fix was. The problem still exists in Word. MS won't fix this or advise us what the fix is because it simply doesn't affect a greater number of users. If this was Power BI or something to do with AI, it would have been fixed in the first moments it was brought to their attention by enough users. I'm running the Office 365 version. I'd be curious to know if it happens in the Pro version.