In excel, when I click the help (?) icon, I get "Sorry, something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again." My network connection is fine. How do I correct this error?

Anonymous
2023-03-02T15:18:14+00:00

In excel, when I click the help (?) icon, I get "Sorry, something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again." My network connection is fine. How do I correct this error?

I am using Microsoft 365.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-28T18:30:46+00:00

    Did you ever come across a solution to this issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-09T02:51:35+00:00

    Yes when I said relaunch I mean close the application and open it again. In my case Help/F1 functionality works for a while again (minutes to hours) before it fails again with the error message that I may not be connected to the internet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-09T02:39:52+00:00

    Thank you for responding. So, what you are saying is that Microsoft has a defective product for which I am expected to correct.

    By relaunch, do you mean reinstall? Or simply turn off and then on. If the second solution is what you mean, I have tried that.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-09T01:10:14+00:00

    In excel, when I click the help (?) icon, I get "Sorry, something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again." My network connection is fine. How do I correct this error?

    I am using Microsoft 365.

    I have the same problem with a most Office 365 apps. When first launched Help/F1 functionality work as expected. But after some time passes, minutes to hours, trying to launch Help/F1 produces the error with the message you describe. If I relaunch the application Help/F1 functionality works again but with time eventually errors out.

    All other applications and OS features that require access to the internet when this error occurs are working fine so I'm positive I am connected to the internet.

    I have repaired my Office installation, signed out and back into my Microsoft account with no improvement. The suggestions Shakiru Soenu posted are not pertinent to this issue as far as I can tell. I checked my setting per his suggestion and they were already set the way he suggests.

    Thanks,

    Jim

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-02T16:16:38+00:00

    Hi Michael K!

    I am Shakiru, an independent advisor and a user like you, and I am glad to be helping you out today.

    Perhaps you need to turn ON all online experiences. Please do this: * Open the Excel app> go to File > options> select trust center> select trust center settings> Click on Privacy Option> Click on privacy settings > Check all the connected experiences including "Turn On experiences that download online content" and "Turn on experiences that analyze content" * Close and reopen Excel

    Kindly let me know, if you require additional assistance, I will be glad to help further.

    Kind Regards, Shakiru

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments