A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
This worked for me, but I only had to turn off Optional diagnostic data. And I did not have to open and close Excel. Hope this helps.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
In excel, when I click the help (?) icon, I get "Sorry, something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again." My network connection is fine. How do I correct this error?
I am using Microsoft 365.
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This worked for me, but I only had to turn off Optional diagnostic data. And I did not have to open and close Excel. Hope this helps.
Yes, that is typically my experience. A reboot will resolve the problem, but not for long. I use Word and Excel a great deal, but it is not a mission-critical app. And when I return to it an need the Help access or the feature that gives you extra forms or even routine forms like page number placements the problem returns.
The annoyance is at a very high level.
Interesting. I had those options already set the way you said, but for the heck of it I changed them and changed them back, and upon restarting Excel I have help access for the first time ever! Thanks.
It turned out that I had to sign in to Microsoft. With that done, the error went away.
I was unable to find this issue documented at the Microsoft Feedback Portal, so I just posted at https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/db1e9bdb-488d-ee11-a81c-0022484f9f6d
If anyone wants to vote on this at the Feedback Portal, it might be helpful to get Microsoft to look at it more closely and correct it.
Thanks for doing this Mark. I upvoted your submission and added a comment.