In excel, when I click the help (?) icon, I get "Sorry, something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again." My network connection is fine. How do I correct this error?

Anonymous
2023-03-02T15:18:14+00:00

In excel, when I click the help (?) icon, I get "Sorry, something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again." My network connection is fine. How do I correct this error?

I am using Microsoft 365.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-27T17:20:03+00:00

    I was unable to find this issue documented at the Microsoft Feedback Portal, so I just posted at https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/db1e9bdb-488d-ee11-a81c-0022484f9f6d

    If anyone wants to vote on this at the Feedback Portal, it might be helpful to get Microsoft to look at it more closely and correct it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T21:00:19+00:00

    Where do I go to speak directly to Microsoft about this problem? No one here has an answer or even a good reason behind this bizarre action.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T20:33:10+00:00

    My take is that this issue is a problem at the server end at Microsoft. For some reason, the connection is lost and cannot be reestablished. Help and some other functions are provided via the web. In my experience I see this issue with all my Office 365 desktop applications ... in my case Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Publisher. All of them are up to date.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T20:07:17+00:00

    This would be Office 2021 Pro which sells for $439.99. I'm running Windows 11 Home Edition but the problem exists regardless of OS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T19:30:42+00:00

    * Open the Excel app

    > go to File

    > options

    > select trust center

    > select trust center settings

    > Click on Privacy Option

    > Click on privacy settings

    > Check all the connected experiences including "Turn On experiences that download online content" and "Turn on experiences that analyze content" *

    Close and reopen Excel

    That is some deep menu traveling. All to get to the end and find that "Turn On experiences that download online content" is already checked. As was: "Turn on experiences that analyze content" So no changes to be made.

    So . . . nothing. Of course, I am in Word and not Excel not that should make any difference. I'll look in Excel and see if it is there but I bet it ain't.

    Yes, same menu, the same order of menu diving, same checked boxes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments