A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
This worked for me. Thank you
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
In excel, when I click the help (?) icon, I get "Sorry, something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again." My network connection is fine. How do I correct this error?
I am using Microsoft 365.
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This worked for me. Thank you
Solution:
Log into your Microsoft account and keep it open in another window, close Excel, and open Excel, Help is working. Pain in the backside. Thanks, Microsoft NOT.
Thanks. This led me to figure out how to get Help to work on my system. I have a Microsoft account (a.k.a., personal/consumer account) and a Work or School account (a.k.a., business/Azure AD/Microsoft Entra account). The Microsoft account is for my personal OneDrive and doesn't have an Office 365 subscription while the Work or School account does have an Office 365 license assigned to it. I was working on an Excel file stored locally on my PC when I was getting the error. After reading your solution, I clicked on the dropdown at the top of Excel and switched to my Work or School account, with the same file still open, and Help started working. I switched back to the Microsoft account and Help immediately stopped working again. So, even though everything else in Excel works with my personal Microsoft account selected, Help, as well as Contact Support, Show Training, and What's New, only work when my Work or School account is selected.
This information has been shared many times with regard to this issue. If you read through the many posts on this topic, you will see that and also see that many users have selected to share all information as required yet the problem still persists. You inferred suggestion is not a solution to the current issue.
I have the same problem using Microsoft 365 It's about time Microsoft answered the question instead of allowing their customers to fumble about in the dark.
Solution:
Log into your Microsoft account and keep it open in another window, close Excel, and open Excel, Help is working. Pain in the backside. Thanks, Microsoft NOT.
It turned out that I had to sign in to Microsoft. With that done, the error went away.
I am signed into my account. I've tried signing out and back in, repairing Office, creating a new profile. This is an intermittent issue that comes and goes. I wouldn't be surprised if you see the problem sometime again. If not, you are lucky. There are many of us that are having this issue. In any event, thanks for your reply.