Family Safety - Not able to see location of family members anymore just get the message "We couldn't find their location"

Anonymous
2023-02-19T09:49:02+00:00

Hi,

Over the past week, none of us using the family safety app in the family are able to see the location details of other family members. The settings are all fine and everyone is still sharing their location all the time. Any idea how we can resolve the issue.

Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Android

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-25T15:59:14+00:00

    I have this issue and my families phones are Nokia. It's not a Samsung issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-25T17:05:51+00:00

    This is an Android issue. My 3 kids have iphones, and they don't have issues. My wife (one plus), me (Surface phone) have been having issues now for a long time.

    As multiple people have mentioned, including me, uninstalling the app, and reinstalling gets it to work for a short time (days) and then it stops again, and randomly works once a month.

    Frustrating as it was working great prior to some update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-27T16:28:46+00:00

    Any progress on a resolution here? It's closing in on a year it hasn't worked correctly. Thinking I won't renew office 365 since this one of the biggest reasons I pay for it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-27T16:37:31+00:00

    Clearly not enough people use it for them to be worried about it. It's a shame. I ended up abandoning it for Google family - consistently works with no issues. I too am now thinking about whether I should continue to pay out for a subscription - I use it for other things also, but their lack of transparency, fix, or even interest on this issue is very disappointing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-28T06:25:31+00:00

    I've uninstalled the app. Clearly a waste of space and this thread is evidence that MS just can't be bothered to support it. MS once again just completely ignoring customers who want to use its products vs. Google and Apple.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments