Family Safety - Not able to see location of family members anymore just get the message "We couldn't find their location"

Anonymous
2023-02-19T09:49:02+00:00

Hi,

Over the past week, none of us using the family safety app in the family are able to see the location details of other family members. The settings are all fine and everyone is still sharing their location all the time. Any idea how we can resolve the issue.

Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Android

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-30T10:49:49+00:00

    Same problem here and only on Android phone ! on iphone no problem please fix it!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-02T17:25:49+00:00

    So many people are having the same issues. Clearly this has to be fixed.
    I'm curious if Microsoft is reading this and we will get a response from their support team. Familiy Safety is great but I like it even better if it works correctly on my android devices.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-02T20:12:04+00:00

    I submitted official feedback on 7th March saying it had been broken for weeks. I even referenced this forum thread, but not sure they actually read it.

    I've had email back and forth on 8th, 16th and 17th March, with generic "try this" type stuff that I had already explained I had tried, but nothing since then. The last response on 17th March included:

    "We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the app. As per our Engineering Team, we are experiencing an issue that affects some users with this functionality. The issue is still under investigation, and I am unable to provide an estimated time frame for the resolution, but rest assured that we are working hard to bring an updated experience that will hopefully address your concerns."

    So I assume the Engineering Team are at least aware of the issue, but I'm not convinced it is any sort of priority for them. I don't know if enough people have complained about this for it to rate on their radar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-02T20:42:56+00:00

    I got tired of waiting for MS to fix this problem. So I found another free app that not only works, but has much better features.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-02T22:29:20+00:00

    I ended up using Google family link to manage my child's android device, and Microsoft family safety for windows/Xbox.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments