Family Safety - Not able to see location of family members anymore just get the message "We couldn't find their location"

Anonymous
2023-02-19T09:49:02+00:00

Hi,

Over the past week, none of us using the family safety app in the family are able to see the location details of other family members. The settings are all fine and everyone is still sharing their location all the time. Any idea how we can resolve the issue.

Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Android

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-19T13:10:03+00:00

    Hello

    I am Abdal and I would be glad to help you with your question.

    It's possible that the issue with not being able to see the location details of family members in the Family Safety app could be caused by a number of factors. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

    Check that location sharing is still enabled for all family members: Verify that each family member has location sharing enabled in their device settings and within the Family Safety app.

    Check network connection: Ensure that all devices are connected to a stable network connection with access to the internet.

    Check app permissions: Make sure that the Family Safety app has the necessary permissions to access location information on each family member's device.

    Restart devices: Try restarting all devices and then check if the issue is resolved.

    Update app: Check if there is a pending update for the Family Safety app in the app store and update the app if necessary.

    It's important to note that location data may not always be available, especially if the device is in an area with poor network connectivity or if the location sharing feature is turned off.

    You can refer the below article to know the correct steps to turn on location sharing. https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/796dfbde-1055-86ca-06a6-bb519053d200

    I hope this information helps.

    Regards,

    Abdal

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-19T23:42:01+00:00

    I'm experiencing the same issue. Nothing changed but suddenly all family devices, Surface Duo 2, Samsung Galaxy S22+, Samsung Galaxy S22, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE, and an iPhone 14 are all not able to see one another on the map and all say "We couldn't find their location."

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-22T13:37:05+00:00

    I am having the exact same issue. I have rebooted multiple times. The only way to temporarily fix it is to uninstall and reinstall the app but after a few hours or so it goes back to giving me the error of not being able to find their location.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-23T17:56:20+00:00

    I'm have the same issue. It started with one family member 2 weeks ago, and now all family members are not being displayed on the map.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-24T07:27:12+00:00

    Same issue here. My app on the phone shows that I am currently at home. If I log into Microsoft on a browser it says that my location is still at work from a day ago.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments