Family Safety - Not able to see location of family members anymore just get the message "We couldn't find their location"

Anonymous
2023-02-19T09:49:02+00:00

Hi,

Over the past week, none of us using the family safety app in the family are able to see the location details of other family members. The settings are all fine and everyone is still sharing their location all the time. Any idea how we can resolve the issue.

Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Android

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-02T17:25:49+00:00

    So many people are having the same issues. Clearly this has to be fixed.
    I'm curious if Microsoft is reading this and we will get a response from their support team. Familiy Safety is great but I like it even better if it works correctly on my android devices.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-30T10:49:49+00:00

    Same problem here and only on Android phone ! on iphone no problem please fix it!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-28T07:14:53+00:00

    Yes, same here. No improvement after last Android update. 3 Android devices all showing location last updated many many days ago.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-28T04:32:30+00:00

    I have the same issue, two devices are updating the location (Note 20, galaxy TAB), other devices (S20, S22 ultra & iPhone 12) showing last update before 30 days, tried to reinstall the App, reset the devices and checked the permissions, still couldn't find a solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-19T18:28:49+00:00

    I have the same problem. First it happened on my wife's phone (One plus 10), and now it is happening on my Surface Duo.

    My kids have Iphones, and it works for them. I use the family safety app on PC and I am able to see them no problem, but last update from my phone and my wife's was 8+ days ago.

    Thus, there is something wrong with the Android app. I have all permissions set correctly, and indeed, if I uninstall the app and re-install it works for a short time, and then stops working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments