Family Safety - Not able to see location of family members anymore just get the message "We couldn't find their location"

Anonymous
2023-02-19T09:49:02+00:00

Hi,

Over the past week, none of us using the family safety app in the family are able to see the location details of other family members. The settings are all fine and everyone is still sharing their location all the time. Any idea how we can resolve the issue.

Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Android

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-05-21T07:42:06+00:00

    Indeed. The issue is Microsoft/implementation side, rather than user settings side. However, Microsoft seem to be refusing to consider that is the case and every time someone posts something with even a hint it might be 'user settings' then we go back 10 steps, hence the immediate reaction to your post that could have been read that way 😂

    Apologies - we've just got to keep pushing, maybe they'll fix it one day. I've started using sharing on Google maps/family link. No issues with that at all, but I would rather use family safety. However, after 90 days, I'm not holding out much hope now 😬

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-05-21T07:28:14+00:00

    It can be an issue with the app or with the servers that are running the app

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-05-21T07:20:57+00:00

    Still not resolved even in the dev build

    It can be an issue with the battery settings but I don't know exactly the issue.

    I think after a few days of using family safety it turns on battery optimisation because it consumes more battery than the other apps.

    It is NOT this issue for most people posting on this thread, as we have checked the settings multiple times and battery optimisation is not on - still set to unrestricted. The issue started at exactly the same time for all of us. It is an issue with app implementation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-05-21T07:10:53+00:00

    Still not resolved even in the dev build

    It can be an issue with the battery settings but I don't know exactly the issue.

    I think after a few days of using family safety it turns on battery optimisation because it consumes more battery than the other apps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-05-19T13:43:14+00:00

    t is now mid-May of 2023 and this problem persists. I have verified location settings on my children's devices along with location permissions for Microsoft Family Safety, and still I show location unavailable.

    I have reinstalled the app on my device which has worked for a short while in the past but now that no longer seems to correct the issue. Microsoft Family Safety does a fantastic job at application and web filtering but anything relating to location is non-functioning. I have share drive and location enabled on my device with my wife and she can't even see that.

    I went under my settings and attempted to add a place. I began entering the street address and it found it I selected it and named it when I went to save it, I'm presented with a message that it cannot find this place.

    After reading of others' similar problems, issue appears to be related to the newest version of Android which I'm sure this is due to some Google shenanigans. Regardless locations is working for other apps.

    Fortunately I also use Google's family link. It's application and web safety isnt nearly as good as Microsoft Family Safety, but at least I can find the location of my children.

    I'm sure this will eventually get fixed but for now it is not, and I and others are going to continue being squeaky Wheels until this gets fixed. Expecting a feature work in a product, that you are paying for, is not an unreasonable request!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments