How to stop Microsoft SharePoint pop up continually asking me to share confidential information stored in keychain

Anonymous
2023-01-10T15:10:48+00:00

Hi, I no longer have or use Microsoft SharePoint (as far as I can see by searching my applications) but I continually get a pop up on my Mac saying that Microsoft SharePoint wants to sue my confidential information stored in 'Microsoft Identity xxxxxx' in my keychain. It then asks me to allow or deny. I always click Deny, but I have to click it approx 10 times before it dissapears. It then reappears about an hour later and repeats every day. its very frustrating. Any ideas on how I can stop this???

Thanks

Paul

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | Other | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-02T09:34:52+00:00

    OK - to add to my post above I have rebooted and typed my system password (the one I use to get into my Mac) and the pop-up doesn't arrive any more on the next reboot. Incidentally it may have been Edge that installed this 'feature' but it is now One Drive that needs it...!

    So, I dont use any Microsoft applications, absolutely detest Microsoft (I have to use OneDrve to be compatible with shared files) so how do I delete SharePoint as we have no use for it and OneDrive didn't need it before Edge was installed?

    Hopeful post as maybe someone will find a solution one day?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-21T10:10:34+00:00

    Here is a better idea. How about you fix it from the Mocrosoft end and stop trying to access information you have no need for.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-22T02:15:20+00:00

    Huh?? I tried reaching Microsoft. They are not accessible to the average person....by the way I am 75, and not a computer whiz although I can get around for what I need. Microsoft has absolutely no interest in fixing it from their end.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-26T14:08:48+00:00

    Dear Paul,

     

    Greetings! Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

     

    As per your description, you want to stop SharePoint pop up continually asking to share confidential information stored in keychain.

     

    We'd like to help you, please let us cooperate and please don't worry, we can work together to narrow down and resolve the situation.

     

    You may try following steps:

    1.Open Keychain Access on your Mac, search for all keychains that are related to Office and SharePoint, deleted them.

    2.Open the browser where you accessed SharePoint online resource, go to delete all cache and cookies.

    3.Reboot Mac, then check if the pop up still appears.

     

    If the issue still happens, we do understand the inconvenience caused and apologize for it.

    Could you share a screenshot of the pop up? It will help us have a better understanding of the scenario, we will continue helping you troubleshoot the issue.

     

    Thanks for your cooperation.

    Happy new year! Hope you keep safe and healthy always.

     

    Sincerely,

    Tina | Microsoft Community Moderator

    HI Tina--

    I have the same problem. This thing pops up on my screen all the time--and offers no "Always Deny" option, nor does it even disappear when I click "Deny"!! (It stays there and I need to move it aside to see the screen behind it. I saw your instructions to Paul, but can't seem to even find the "Key Chain Access" on my Mac... Where is that?

    Thank you! (I see I am far from the only one with this problem!!)

    C

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-26T18:39:29+00:00

    This is still an ongoing issue, Microsoft!! Can we get a solution, please? It nearly renders my MacBook useless

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments