A group of Microsoft Products and technologies used for sharing and managing content, knowledge, and applications.
Seriously???
WHAT IS This?????
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi, I no longer have or use Microsoft SharePoint (as far as I can see by searching my applications) but I continually get a pop up on my Mac saying that Microsoft SharePoint wants to sue my confidential information stored in 'Microsoft Identity xxxxxx' in my keychain. It then asks me to allow or deny. I always click Deny, but I have to click it approx 10 times before it dissapears. It then reappears about an hour later and repeats every day. its very frustrating. Any ideas on how I can stop this???
Thanks
Paul
A group of Microsoft Products and technologies used for sharing and managing content, knowledge, and applications.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I delted now every folder I found under Library that contained the word microsoft.
I did find some sharepoint files, delted, empited the trash. Restarted. And the pop up continues.
Please provide me ASAP with a preferably German speaking Technican that I can actually talk to.
No Response from a Microsoft employee within almost a month is very disappointing.
Dear Kathrin Rüppel,
We apologize for all the trouble caused by this issue.
Do you have a Microsoft 365 Business account? If yes, you can contact Microsoft Phone Support Get support - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn
Or if you have a personal Microsoft account, you can talk to a support agent by simply describing the issue on this page Contact - Microsoft Support, then click Get Help, click 'Contact Support' on the bottom, choose Products and services(Microsoft 365 and Office), choose Category(Technical Support), click Confirm, then you will get a link to chat with a support agent.
Appreciate your patience and understanding and thank you for your time and cooperation.
Sincerely,
Tina | Microsoft Community Moderator
Hey Tina,
thank you for the reply. I am using Office 365 Family.
In the meantime I have removed all office related files, manually plus cleaning software, as Microsoft kept creating the folders over and over again..?! For a whole day and after reinstalling office no pop up came. And Today it is back.
Can you please explain to me, what Sharepoint is and why it suddenly wants to access and store information? I cant find proper information and I would like to know what it is for and why it keeps asking me to use confidential information that I stored - Which information does it want to use?? I would also like to understand and know why it all the sudden started to pop up? I have been using Office for over a year and did not have this problem last year.
Also, why does it keep popping up if I deny the access? I have to click at least 3-5 times Deny and then it keeps popping up during the day.
I dont have "sharepoint" - only these apps and yesterday I only used Word and Excel:
This happens to me too and it's most, most annoying. I don't understand why Microsoft can't, or won't, fix this themselves from the source. Change the coding Microsoft! Add a button to your popup that says, I will not share, ever! and then ensure that it works.