How to stop Microsoft SharePoint pop up continually asking me to share confidential information stored in keychain

Anonymous
2023-01-10T15:10:48+00:00

Hi, I no longer have or use Microsoft SharePoint (as far as I can see by searching my applications) but I continually get a pop up on my Mac saying that Microsoft SharePoint wants to sue my confidential information stored in 'Microsoft Identity xxxxxx' in my keychain. It then asks me to allow or deny. I always click Deny, but I have to click it approx 10 times before it dissapears. It then reappears about an hour later and repeats every day. its very frustrating. Any ideas on how I can stop this???

Thanks

Paul

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | Other | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-12T17:21:37+00:00

    Hi Tina,

    I tried all of your instructions, but the pop-up window still appears. I can't add the screenshot as you see below. What can I do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-17T05:53:22+00:00

    Dear Paul,

    Thank you for sharing the screenshot. We can see that you sign in Office with personal account and it shows the connected service is personal OneDrive, not SharePoint.

    To do further troubleshooting for the SharePoint pop up issue, we still recommend you try to contact Microsoft Support via this page as we suggested in previous reply. The support team can remotely assist you and check the environment from your side. This would be the most efficient way in handling this case for you.

    Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

    I hope you stay safe and healthy.

    Sincerely,

    Tina | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-16T17:53:28+00:00

    Hi Tina

    When I click on my profile image I do see Sharepoint but I can't click it and no folders appear when I hover over it.

    What should I do next? thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-16T08:21:05+00:00

    Dear Paul,

    We appreciate you spent time doing tests and share with us the result. We do understand it has caused inconvenience to your work and apologize for it.

    To further narrow down the issue, if you open an Office app, such as Word, click your profile image, do you see SharePoint in the list(as shown below)?

    If yes, click it, check if you can see any SharePoint folders (as shown below). If yes, hover over it and click X to remove it.

    If the pop up still appears, we do understand the inconvenience caused and apologize for it.

    The best way to troubleshoot the situation further is reporting it to the related team and let them remotely assist you, check the environment, collect logs and help you find root cause.

    Therefore, we sincerely recommend you contact your Microsoft 365 administrator, follow steps in this article to raise a support ticket: Get support - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn

    For reference: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support

    If you have a personal Microsoft account, you may contact related team from this page. Firstly describe the issue and click Get Help, then click "Contact Support" on the bottom, select products and services(Microsoft 365 and Office), Category(Technical Support), confirm, then you can chat with a support agent in your web browser.

    The support team has higher permission to remotely assist you, they have more resource than us. This would be the most efficient way in handling this case for you.

    Thanks for your cooperation! I hope that you are keeping safe and well.

    Sincerely,

    Tina | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments