How to stop Microsoft SharePoint pop up continually asking me to share confidential information stored in keychain

Anonymous
2023-01-10T15:10:48+00:00

Hi, I no longer have or use Microsoft SharePoint (as far as I can see by searching my applications) but I continually get a pop up on my Mac saying that Microsoft SharePoint wants to sue my confidential information stored in 'Microsoft Identity xxxxxx' in my keychain. It then asks me to allow or deny. I always click Deny, but I have to click it approx 10 times before it dissapears. It then reappears about an hour later and repeats every day. its very frustrating. Any ideas on how I can stop this???

Thanks

Paul

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | Other | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-06-14T07:12:44+00:00

    I delted now every folder I found under Library that contained the word microsoft.

    I did find some sharepoint files, delted, empited the trash. Restarted. And the pop up continues.

    Please provide me ASAP with a preferably German speaking Technican that I can actually talk to.

    No Response from a Microsoft employee within almost a month is very disappointing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-06-14T06:56:30+00:00

    Seriously???

    WHAT IS This?????

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-06-14T06:53:24+00:00

    Dear Tina,

    I have done all your steps described to Paul.

    I deleted all Office related passwords and apps. All folders that are mentioned on this website have been removed. https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/office/office-für-mac-deinstallieren-eefa1199-5b58-43af-8a3d-b73dc1a8cae3

    I never even had Share Point installed in the first place. Before I deinstalled Office, I checked with Word, if I can share anything via Share Point. Nothing.

    I removed the trash folder, I even deleted an old email account that uses microsofot exchange. This pop up is still coming and I dont know why!!

    I need to work with this computer, so how do you suggest to fix it?

    The link to the support page lead me straight back to here.

    I am using a Macbook air with OS Monterey 12.6

    Please reach out to me for urgent assistance!

    Also, I just deleted these three folders, and restarted, but they came back?!?!?!

    Last thing I did was to remove the onedrive folder from Locations in finder. Can't find it anywhere else....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-06-02T02:32:15+00:00

    I have the same issue. I tried all of your troubleshooting steps, but unfortunately still have the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-05-26T09:14:09+00:00

    Hey there,

    I have the same problem. I don't even have SharePoint in my applications nor do I know what it even means.

    Since yesterday I keep getting this pop up - see screenshot.

    I have already removed all office / microsoft related passwords and cant find them in my passowrds anymore (I deleted them via the minus in the preferences of iOS)

    Edit* - is it possible it comes from Exchange Accounts in Mail???

    thanks,

    Kathrin

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments