How to stop Microsoft SharePoint pop up continually asking me to share confidential information stored in keychain

Anonymous
2023-01-10T15:10:48+00:00

Hi, I no longer have or use Microsoft SharePoint (as far as I can see by searching my applications) but I continually get a pop up on my Mac saying that Microsoft SharePoint wants to sue my confidential information stored in 'Microsoft Identity xxxxxx' in my keychain. It then asks me to allow or deny. I always click Deny, but I have to click it approx 10 times before it dissapears. It then reappears about an hour later and repeats every day. its very frustrating. Any ideas on how I can stop this???

Thanks

Paul

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | Other | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-18T15:46:15+00:00

    I have the same problem. Come on Microsoft!!!! It's your issue, you created the problem. Fix it for us! Give us a fix now!! Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer are having a great time with their billions. Get the company you founded to do something11 Shame.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-18T07:22:40+00:00

    Deleting OneDrive seems to have fixed it for me. I have had a few hours of peace for the first time in ages.

    I deinstalled and used clean my mac to delete all office related files. I had peace for one day, reinstalled office and it is back again. I didnt even install one drive this time. Only Word, Excel, PowerPoint.

    Even though, apparently it is not in Microsofts Support Team interest to help fix the problem. When I google I find information for SharePoint, telling me its a software to use for intranet or the like. But why is it in my library if I didnt even install the software? And why is it so comlicated to solve the problem. Why did it suddenly occur?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-18T02:59:57+00:00

    Deleting OneDrive seems to have fixed it for me. I have had a few hours of peace for the first time in ages.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-17T08:13:05+00:00

    Hello? Anyone working here?

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-16T20:29:19+00:00

    I have the same problem - sharepoint window continues to pop up despite all attempts suggest by microsoft to delete

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments