How to stop Microsoft SharePoint pop up continually asking me to share confidential information stored in keychain

Anonymous
2023-01-10T15:10:48+00:00

Hi, I no longer have or use Microsoft SharePoint (as far as I can see by searching my applications) but I continually get a pop up on my Mac saying that Microsoft SharePoint wants to sue my confidential information stored in 'Microsoft Identity xxxxxx' in my keychain. It then asks me to allow or deny. I always click Deny, but I have to click it approx 10 times before it dissapears. It then reappears about an hour later and repeats every day. its very frustrating. Any ideas on how I can stop this???

Thanks

Paul

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | Other | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-21T10:10:34+00:00

    Here is a better idea. How about you fix it from the Mocrosoft end and stop trying to access information you have no need for.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-02T09:34:52+00:00

    OK - to add to my post above I have rebooted and typed my system password (the one I use to get into my Mac) and the pop-up doesn't arrive any more on the next reboot. Incidentally it may have been Edge that installed this 'feature' but it is now One Drive that needs it...!

    So, I dont use any Microsoft applications, absolutely detest Microsoft (I have to use OneDrve to be compatible with shared files) so how do I delete SharePoint as we have no use for it and OneDrive didn't need it before Edge was installed?

    Hopeful post as maybe someone will find a solution one day?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-02T09:22:00+00:00

    I have the same issue, it only arrived on my first reboot in ages (MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014) running Big Sur 11.7.7) and I can trace directly back to installing Microsoft Edge - I have been using Onedrive for years and this has never been an issue - so Edge it is. I have deleted Edge and tried all the other procedures suggested by the AI robot we are talking to (no offence Chen but really, that's AI if I ever saw it) to no avail.

    So... how do I remove any reference to Microsoft Share Point on my Mac... I'm copying this into Mac forums as well as they will no doubt get to the bottom of it before Microsoft I am sure.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-19T06:54:34+00:00

    I believe SharePoint is not an application you install. When I had Office for Enterprise through an employer, SharePoint was built into all Office applications by default to allow live editing by multiple users and such. So if you have Office for enterprise, you could try a free trial of a personal account? If you are using a personal account, maybe delete all folders on your machine that are synced to OneDrive?

    BTW, I wouldn't wait for a solution from Microsoft. These tech giants have nothing but contempt for their customers and I doubt anyone there would try to find a solution, even assuming they have the manpower. You often see the same user complaints for generation after generation of the same product with nothing but crickets from the company.

    I use Office Family, and as mentioned, I deepcleaned and deinstalled ALL office apps, even one drive. It was gone until I only reinstalled Word, Excel, PowerPoint.

    What I also dont understand, the pop up suddenly appeared, without having done updates or whatever - eventually I thought it might have been because I also had teams installed.

    I am still paying for this, and I cant properly use it. Maybe it is time to start reaching out to accounting. lol.

    This is really really annoying - and proves a point....

    thanks for you input though =)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-18T21:32:54+00:00

    I believe SharePoint is not an application you install. When I had Office for Enterprise through an employer, SharePoint was built into all Office applications by default to allow live editing by multiple users and such. So if you have Office for enterprise, you could try a free trial of a personal account? If you are using a personal account, maybe delete all folders on your machine that are synced to OneDrive?

    BTW, I wouldn't wait for a solution from Microsoft. These tech giants have nothing but contempt for their customers and I doubt anyone there would try to find a solution, even assuming they have the manpower. You often see the same user complaints for generation after generation of the same product with nothing but crickets from the company.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments