How to stop Microsoft SharePoint pop up continually asking me to share confidential information stored in keychain

Anonymous
2023-01-10T15:10:48+00:00

Hi, I no longer have or use Microsoft SharePoint (as far as I can see by searching my applications) but I continually get a pop up on my Mac saying that Microsoft SharePoint wants to sue my confidential information stored in 'Microsoft Identity xxxxxx' in my keychain. It then asks me to allow or deny. I always click Deny, but I have to click it approx 10 times before it dissapears. It then reappears about an hour later and repeats every day. its very frustrating. Any ideas on how I can stop this???

Thanks

Paul

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | Other | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-17T23:30:57+00:00

    Dear Tina,

    Thank you for trying to help us all with this absolutely annoying issue.

    I have read all the answers here, and I would like to ask you something: considering there are over 240 distressed people with the same problem, wouldn't it be more productive if you contact Microsoft support with the link you've provided, and let everyone here know the solution as opposed of having all the 240 souls trying to get the same answer for the same problem?

    Just a thought.

    Thank you. I trust that you, just like us, are very curious to figure out why this is happening and the solution for that.

    Tony

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-30T12:28:38+00:00

    This is clearly a deliberate move on Microsoft’s part, seeing that the « Deny » button in that box is a fake. In light of the wave of dissatisfaction with this and other Microsoft products (eg Outlook’s highly defective, hit and miss search command, and its moving 1 out of 4 « Sent » emails to « Drafts »…), my own institution (U of Toronto) is currently considering dropping these products altogether and moving their business elsewhere.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-30T02:25:52+00:00

    I read through all four pages of replies to this over the last year, and Microsoft stopped responding after about the first page. It's disappointing but not surprising, I would never even be using these services had it not been for school... And I find it highly odd that Sharepoint, an application none of us have, but from what I have read here allows OTHERS to work on your projects, is continuously asking to access Keychain which is where Macs keep all our passwords.

    Weird, annoying, and inconvenient could be used to describe this issue.

    This was created in January and since has had many people agreeing that they have the same issue and yet Microsoft is silent. Get it together...

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-28T01:43:02+00:00

    I've never once used SharePoint and this is EXTREMELY annoying. I tried everything that was recommended to the first complainant and still nothing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-14T16:59:34+00:00

    Really hope there is a solution for this soon, extremely annoying!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments