How to stop Microsoft SharePoint pop up continually asking me to share confidential information stored in keychain

Anonymous
2023-01-10T15:10:48+00:00

Hi, I no longer have or use Microsoft SharePoint (as far as I can see by searching my applications) but I continually get a pop up on my Mac saying that Microsoft SharePoint wants to sue my confidential information stored in 'Microsoft Identity xxxxxx' in my keychain. It then asks me to allow or deny. I always click Deny, but I have to click it approx 10 times before it dissapears. It then reappears about an hour later and repeats every day. its very frustrating. Any ideas on how I can stop this???

Thanks

Paul

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | Other | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-28T08:17:31+00:00

    Really hope there is a solution for this soon, extremely annoying!

    I hate using mac because of this pop up !! FIX THIS SOONNN

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-27T20:32:36+00:00

    I'm hoping that because you haven't reappeared in this thread that that worked? I'm about to try this

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-26T15:03:27+00:00

    You can access opening the launchpad, you will find the jkey change access icon. In my computer (I think it might vary according to your key configuration) I open the launchpad with the F4 key.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-24T17:50:42+00:00

    Hi

    I have the same problem but don’t know how to open Keychain Access?

    Nigel

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-23T19:46:39+00:00

    Same issue here.

    I opened a conversation through the chat function with Microsoft (followed instructions on page 1) and they told me to follow the steps in this link:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office-for-mac-repeatedly-requesting-keychain-access-ced5a09c-3099-47cb-9190-e961bf63e240

    Haven't tried it yet but thought I'd share first and hopefully it will work for you guys.

    UPDATE: The woman I was speaking to on Chat earlier was the general Microsoft Support. She put me through to Microsoft Office Support who suggested the following steps:

    First quit all the office apps opened on your Mac. 

    Then after that do follow this step. 

    open FINDER > APPLICATIONS > UTILITIES > KEYCHAIN ACCESS. look for exchange. 

    Locate SharePoint cached credential entry and delete it. 

    Remove the following password entries: Microsoft Office Identities cache 2 Microsoft Office Identities settings 2. 

    After that restart your device.

    NOTE: I couldn't find exchange or any of the entries mentioned above, so she asked me to search for 'Microsoft' in my Keychain Access, and delete all microsoft entries (excluding Certificates which you can't delete). Then restart device.

    Finally, she said "if the issue still persists you need to contact apple support this is about apple developer issues."

    Good luck people :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments