How to stop Microsoft SharePoint pop up continually asking me to share confidential information stored in keychain

Anonymous
2023-01-10T15:10:48+00:00

Hi, I no longer have or use Microsoft SharePoint (as far as I can see by searching my applications) but I continually get a pop up on my Mac saying that Microsoft SharePoint wants to sue my confidential information stored in 'Microsoft Identity xxxxxx' in my keychain. It then asks me to allow or deny. I always click Deny, but I have to click it approx 10 times before it dissapears. It then reappears about an hour later and repeats every day. its very frustrating. Any ideas on how I can stop this???

Thanks

Paul

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | Other | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-14T12:34:22+00:00

    Hi Tina,

    I have followed the instructions as suggested and the pop up is still appearing. see screen grab below.

    Note that nothing related to SharePoint appears in my Keychain list.

    When the pop up appeared this morning, I had to click Deny around 30 times before it disappeared.

    Please advise

    thanks

    Paul

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-11T09:45:47+00:00

    Dear Paul,

    Greetings! Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

    As per your description, you want to stop SharePoint pop up continually asking to share confidential information stored in keychain.

    We'd like to help you, please let us cooperate and please don't worry, we can work together to narrow down and resolve the situation.

    You may try following steps:

    1.Open Keychain Access on your Mac, search for all keychains that are related to Office and SharePoint, deleted them.

    2.Open the browser where you accessed SharePoint online resource, go to delete all cache and cookies.

    3.Reboot Mac, then check if the pop up still appears.

    If the issue still happens, we do understand the inconvenience caused and apologize for it.

    Could you share a screenshot of the pop up? It will help us have a better understanding of the scenario, we will continue helping you troubleshoot the issue.

    Thanks for your cooperation.

    Happy new year! Hope you keep safe and healthy always.

    Sincerely,

    Tina | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments