How to stop Microsoft SharePoint pop up continually asking me to share confidential information stored in keychain

Anonymous
2023-01-10T15:10:48+00:00

Hi, I no longer have or use Microsoft SharePoint (as far as I can see by searching my applications) but I continually get a pop up on my Mac saying that Microsoft SharePoint wants to sue my confidential information stored in 'Microsoft Identity xxxxxx' in my keychain. It then asks me to allow or deny. I always click Deny, but I have to click it approx 10 times before it dissapears. It then reappears about an hour later and repeats every day. its very frustrating. Any ideas on how I can stop this???

Thanks

Paul

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | Other | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-22T11:23:32+00:00

    I fixed it with the help of Microsoft support:

    "Just a quick recap, you contacted Microsoft support because you needed help with removing the sharepoint keychain prompt on your Mac. After investigation, we have found that the problem is due to your OneDrive standalone for business app. We resolved it by removing the auto-update file in keychain, office keychain and onedrive keychain."

    We also removed OneDrive, restarted and reinstalled OneDrive

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-18T00:10:34+00:00

    I have been wrestling with this Sharepoint nightmare for months and following multiple threads of useless "advice". NOTHING that Microsoft suggests works.

    And why does this only pop up on Macs? I use OneDrive without a problem on my PC. I'm wondering if this is a glitch in the system somewhere between Apple and Microsoft. In the latest Macbook OS update?

    Please if anyone finds a solution, blast it to the world!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-14T00:40:01+00:00

    Please add me to the list as well! I have a pop-up that will not disappear, and I tried all the options advised—many thanks for considering my request.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-29T12:30:43+00:00

    Add me to the list of users who have the annoying pop-up. Nothing that was listed here has worked for me. My husband and children have a Mac and we share office and they do NOT have the same issue!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments