How to stop Microsoft SharePoint pop up continually asking me to share confidential information stored in keychain

Anonymous
2023-01-10T15:10:48+00:00

Hi, I no longer have or use Microsoft SharePoint (as far as I can see by searching my applications) but I continually get a pop up on my Mac saying that Microsoft SharePoint wants to sue my confidential information stored in 'Microsoft Identity xxxxxx' in my keychain. It then asks me to allow or deny. I always click Deny, but I have to click it approx 10 times before it dissapears. It then reappears about an hour later and repeats every day. its very frustrating. Any ideas on how I can stop this???

Thanks

Paul

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | Other | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-22T02:15:20+00:00

    Huh?? I tried reaching Microsoft. They are not accessible to the average person....by the way I am 75, and not a computer whiz although I can get around for what I need. Microsoft has absolutely no interest in fixing it from their end.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-18T21:32:54+00:00

    I believe SharePoint is not an application you install. When I had Office for Enterprise through an employer, SharePoint was built into all Office applications by default to allow live editing by multiple users and such. So if you have Office for enterprise, you could try a free trial of a personal account? If you are using a personal account, maybe delete all folders on your machine that are synced to OneDrive?

    BTW, I wouldn't wait for a solution from Microsoft. These tech giants have nothing but contempt for their customers and I doubt anyone there would try to find a solution, even assuming they have the manpower. You often see the same user complaints for generation after generation of the same product with nothing but crickets from the company.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-16T20:29:19+00:00

    I have the same problem - sharepoint window continues to pop up despite all attempts suggest by microsoft to delete

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-16T08:21:05+00:00

    Dear Paul,

    We appreciate you spent time doing tests and share with us the result. We do understand it has caused inconvenience to your work and apologize for it.

    To further narrow down the issue, if you open an Office app, such as Word, click your profile image, do you see SharePoint in the list(as shown below)?

    If yes, click it, check if you can see any SharePoint folders (as shown below). If yes, hover over it and click X to remove it.

    If the pop up still appears, we do understand the inconvenience caused and apologize for it.

    The best way to troubleshoot the situation further is reporting it to the related team and let them remotely assist you, check the environment, collect logs and help you find root cause.

    Therefore, we sincerely recommend you contact your Microsoft 365 administrator, follow steps in this article to raise a support ticket: Get support - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn

    For reference: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support

    If you have a personal Microsoft account, you may contact related team from this page. Firstly describe the issue and click Get Help, then click "Contact Support" on the bottom, select products and services(Microsoft 365 and Office), Category(Technical Support), confirm, then you can chat with a support agent in your web browser.

    The support team has higher permission to remotely assist you, they have more resource than us. This would be the most efficient way in handling this case for you.

    Thanks for your cooperation! I hope that you are keeping safe and well.

    Sincerely,

    Tina | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-06-14T07:12:44+00:00

    I delted now every folder I found under Library that contained the word microsoft.

    I did find some sharepoint files, delted, empited the trash. Restarted. And the pop up continues.

    Please provide me ASAP with a preferably German speaking Technican that I can actually talk to.

    No Response from a Microsoft employee within almost a month is very disappointing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments