How to stop Microsoft SharePoint pop up continually asking me to share confidential information stored in keychain

Anonymous
2023-01-10T15:10:48+00:00

Hi, I no longer have or use Microsoft SharePoint (as far as I can see by searching my applications) but I continually get a pop up on my Mac saying that Microsoft SharePoint wants to sue my confidential information stored in 'Microsoft Identity xxxxxx' in my keychain. It then asks me to allow or deny. I always click Deny, but I have to click it approx 10 times before it dissapears. It then reappears about an hour later and repeats every day. its very frustrating. Any ideas on how I can stop this???

Thanks

Paul

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | Other | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-11T09:45:47+00:00

    Dear Paul,

    Greetings! Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

    As per your description, you want to stop SharePoint pop up continually asking to share confidential information stored in keychain.

    We'd like to help you, please let us cooperate and please don't worry, we can work together to narrow down and resolve the situation.

    You may try following steps:

    1.Open Keychain Access on your Mac, search for all keychains that are related to Office and SharePoint, deleted them.

    2.Open the browser where you accessed SharePoint online resource, go to delete all cache and cookies.

    3.Reboot Mac, then check if the pop up still appears.

    If the issue still happens, we do understand the inconvenience caused and apologize for it.

    Could you share a screenshot of the pop up? It will help us have a better understanding of the scenario, we will continue helping you troubleshoot the issue.

    Thanks for your cooperation.

    Happy new year! Hope you keep safe and healthy always.

    Sincerely,

    Tina | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-18T07:22:40+00:00

    Deleting OneDrive seems to have fixed it for me. I have had a few hours of peace for the first time in ages.

    I deinstalled and used clean my mac to delete all office related files. I had peace for one day, reinstalled office and it is back again. I didnt even install one drive this time. Only Word, Excel, PowerPoint.

    Even though, apparently it is not in Microsofts Support Team interest to help fix the problem. When I google I find information for SharePoint, telling me its a software to use for intranet or the like. But why is it in my library if I didnt even install the software? And why is it so comlicated to solve the problem. Why did it suddenly occur?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-05-26T09:14:09+00:00

    Hey there,

    I have the same problem. I don't even have SharePoint in my applications nor do I know what it even means.

    Since yesterday I keep getting this pop up - see screenshot.

    I have already removed all office / microsoft related passwords and cant find them in my passowrds anymore (I deleted them via the minus in the preferences of iOS)

    Edit* - is it possible it comes from Exchange Accounts in Mail???

    thanks,

    Kathrin

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-18T02:59:57+00:00

    Deleting OneDrive seems to have fixed it for me. I have had a few hours of peace for the first time in ages.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-06-16T10:03:49+00:00

    Hey Tina,

    thank you for the reply. I am using Office 365 Family.

    In the meantime I have removed all office related files, manually plus cleaning software, as Microsoft kept creating the folders over and over again..?! For a whole day and after reinstalling office no pop up came. And Today it is back.

    Can you please explain to me, what Sharepoint is and why it suddenly wants to access and store information? I cant find proper information and I would like to know what it is for and why it keeps asking me to use confidential information that I stored - Which information does it want to use?? I would also like to understand and know why it all the sudden started to pop up? I have been using Office for over a year and did not have this problem last year.

    Also, why does it keep popping up if I deny the access? I have to click at least 3-5 times Deny and then it keeps popping up during the day.

    I dont have "sharepoint" - only these apps and yesterday I only used Word and Excel:

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments