Excel copy paste in outlook not show color

Anonymous
2023-03-23T06:17:53+00:00

Hi,

After Office update to version Microsoft® Excel® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2302 Build 16.0.16130.20298) 64-bit

When copy paste form excel it's no color Red and Yellow.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-07T12:06:16+00:00

    I'm experiencing the exact same issue, and it's damn annoying and time-consuming. I suspect it has something to do with some accessibility issue, because Microsoft is WAY smarter than any of us and knows FAR better than any of us what is best for us, but the irony is that I'm handicapped myself, and now this issue has INCREASED the amount of work I have to do and cripples my crippled arm only further.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-06T19:32:41+00:00

    We found out several people in our Organization are having this issue, including myself, while others are not. Same model of devices as well. Tried several advised solutions such as SFC /Scannow, Office 365 Repair, and re-installing office, none work.

    I can get Yellow and Red to work if I change the Standard color with customization by knocking each shade down by 1 point described above. Not noticeable and works. However, after closing Excel and re-opening it, the customization goes away. Is there a way to change both the Red and Yellow "Standard" colors permanently without the user going to Page Layout or customizing colors?

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-06T14:29:53+00:00

    We have duplicated this issue and can add some data points.

    255.0.0, 0.255.0, 0.0.255, 255.255.0, 255.0.255, 0.255.255, 255.255.255, and 0.0.0 all paste from Excel to Outlook with white fill. We don't care if 255.255.255 pastes as white because that is our intent. It looks like it's reading any full value in all RGB locations as 255, so 0=255 and 255=255. A fill value of 254.255.255 fills as 254.255.255. Whatever conversion that is happening is interpreting fully saturated or desaturated colors as 255.255.255

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-05T21:29:25+00:00

    Thank you for that suggestion to Morgan Fetter and John Scruggs, as it did help as a workaround. As I mentioned, some of the standard colors in the table shading are copying from Excel to Word and Outlook and other standard colors are not. I opened the color options and instead selected custom and randomly increased the RED value by 1 and the table shading colors copied properly into Word and Outlook. So it appears to be the same color to the human eye even though it's not really. Since I'm now using a non-standard color, I don't know if there will be any impact in how the non-standard color appears in the emails when they are received by the recipients not using the same application as me to view the email. By the way, all colors are stable when copying from Outlook into Excel, just not vice-versa.

    Microsoft Support - Hopefully you can address for those of us with this issue so we don't have to keep using a workaround?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments