Excel copy paste in outlook not show color

Anonymous
2023-03-23T06:17:53+00:00

Hi,

After Office update to version Microsoft® Excel® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2302 Build 16.0.16130.20298) 64-bit

When copy paste form excel it's no color Red and Yellow.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-05T15:00:01+00:00

    I too have the same issue, my colleagues are able to copy, but not me. Just Red and Yellow are not getting copied, Green works fine...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-05T01:42:52+00:00

    I have the same problem. Copying a table with colored shading from Excel to either Outlook or Word results in some correct colors and others that are missing or changed. This occurs with all paste options except for as picture. The same table pasted into Publisher or Powerpoint retains the colors. Also can paste into a Word file using the online Word option and colors are retained so just occurs when running my local app on Windows 10 laptop. Does not appear to be an issue on the other Windows 10 laptop in my household, which appears to be running the same up to date version of Excel. This just began today (there was an automatic update yesterday but don't know the content), however, I probably haven't performed this action for several weeks. Excel would not run in safe mode. I tried to do a repair and did not help. Then tried to do an online repair and the office 365 installation disappeared and I had to reinstall from the online support account. Office 365 is back but same problem exists with the missing colors. Would appreciate any other suggestions to correct. TY

    One other note, if you insert a table into word and choose the excel option when doing that and then paste into that table then it retains the colors, however, if you then copy what was pasted into that table in word and paste into the main body of word then the coloring is again messed up.

    20230410 UPDATE - I have not seen any response from MS. Several days ago via the Excel application I clicked on Feedback and selected the "I don't like something" icon and described the issue and referred them to this community portal under the original title "Excel copy paste in outlook not show color". Perhaps if others did the same that could help draw their attention to the problem. :-)

    Edit

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-02T19:46:23+00:00

    I am also having issues copying from excel to outlook. Colors do not show up at all or are not accurate when using paste as a picture.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-31T01:31:42+00:00

    Having the exact same issue. Any solution yet?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-29T02:33:01+00:00

    Hi,

    I update this case.

    >> first PC run repair online >> restart not work

      run sfc /scannow >> restart work can copy paste the color is correct
    

    >> second PC run repair online >> restart not work

      run sfc /scannow >> restart not work
    
      **download office365 uninstall tools >> run uninstall tools restart and reinstall office365 it's work can copy paste** the color is correct
    

    >> third PC run repair online >> restart not work

      run sfc /scannow >> restart not work
    
      **download office365 uninstall tools >> run uninstall tools restart and reinstall office365 it's work can copy paste the color is correct**
    

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments