A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data
After run update as picture the issue is resolved,
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
One of my users with Win 10 pro (upto date) is having trouble opening files (xlsx and xlsm) from SharePoint in Excel, they are getting the error "Unknown error trying to lock file." They are running Excel 2016, fully up to date. They were not having an issue Friday.
Tried the same files on SharePoint on other computers and did not get the same error. I tried via another user account on the computer that is having trouble and got the same error. I tried an Office repair, quick and full, which did not help. Teams and Outlook are on this computer and are having no trouble. I was also able to open word files on SharePoint with no issue.
I'm a little stymied any help would be greatly appreciated.
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I an having the same issue on multiple device with Office 2016. Even though the file on SharePoint created by original person the file can't edit.
I'm having this issue as well with multiple users across 2016, 2019, and 2021. 365 appears to still work. We need a fix ASAP. Nothing on the Service Health Dashboard either.
This response has been automatically translated. As a result, there may be grammatical errors or strange wording.
Hi,
This issue occurs in version 2302 (Build 16130.20218), so revert to Version 2301 (Build 16026.20200) (16.0.16026.20200)and disable Office updates.
<Update history for Microsoft 365 Apps>
*This article apply to Click-to-Run versions of Office.
cd %programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun
officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.16026.20200
FYI:
How to revert to an earlier version of Office
Microsoft 365 - revert to prevous build version
If you use MSI versions of Office, delete windows update program.