A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data
After run update as picture the issue is resolved,
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
One of my users with Win 10 pro (upto date) is having trouble opening files (xlsx and xlsm) from SharePoint in Excel, they are getting the error "Unknown error trying to lock file." They are running Excel 2016, fully up to date. They were not having an issue Friday.
Tried the same files on SharePoint on other computers and did not get the same error. I tried via another user account on the computer that is having trouble and got the same error. I tried an Office repair, quick and full, which did not help. Teams and Outlook are on this computer and are having no trouble. I was also able to open word files on SharePoint with no issue.
I'm a little stymied any help would be greatly appreciated.
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
We have a few employees that are getting this same error suddenly, started a few days ago:
I haven't tried rolling back V2302 to V2301 but will try that next for 1 of the affected employees. I will likely open a support ticket if I don't find any other info online anywhere. Anyone from Microsoft, please respond if there is any other info about this or at least that MS is still looking into this?
I'm in the same boat, unable to see anything in the service health dashboard either. I opened a ticket regarding this and was told desktop applications were not in scope and that i may wish to access (pay) for elevated support. yeah, no thanks
It is the same for me. If I open excel file inside Teams, it works, but if I open it in standalone Excel application I only get the message "Unknown error trying to lock file."