A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data
After run update as picture the issue is resolved,
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
One of my users with Win 10 pro (upto date) is having trouble opening files (xlsx and xlsm) from SharePoint in Excel, they are getting the error "Unknown error trying to lock file." They are running Excel 2016, fully up to date. They were not having an issue Friday.
Tried the same files on SharePoint on other computers and did not get the same error. I tried via another user account on the computer that is having trouble and got the same error. I tried an Office repair, quick and full, which did not help. Teams and Outlook are on this computer and are having no trouble. I was also able to open word files on SharePoint with no issue.
I'm a little stymied any help would be greatly appreciated.
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Actually you don't even have to reinstall Teams.
I completely uninstalled Office 365, reinstalled it and it worked. I then noticed that Teams was gone so I reinstalled Teams as well. Still worked for a while but went back to the original issue the following day.
Could be a coincidence but a couple of days earlier our system admin started to deploy Office 365 and Teams to our devices on Azure AD. Most of our devices already had them installed (including the one that has issues).
Could it be related? Is it the case for anyone else?
I can confirm. I started a ticket with MS on this and the person answering me has no clue. He's now asking for logs and stuff, feels like a waste of time.
This bug only affects Excel but not Word or Powerpoint.
And it seems to tie to Office365 supporting co-authoring, whereas earlier versions like Office2019 did not.
I tried the various solutions in this thread but with no success.
A couple of Work-arounds until a proper fix is provided by Microsoft: