How can there be guests on my excel sheet that i did not give access to??

Anonymous
2023-03-01T11:28:15+00:00

I had 2 'Guests' on my outlook excel file with personal information. Last one's name 'Sugarberry' . I could not get them off as they were not listed on my 'Share' list of guests.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | Other | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-19T20:57:32+00:00

    I have the same issue. Mine says Bushwillow

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-19T20:57:55+00:00

    Mine says Bushwillow also

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-20T21:31:50+00:00

    Same issue here, I had two visitors with vegetable names. One was Asparagus.

    Any news on a fix from MS?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-25T00:58:16+00:00

    Does anyone know if Microsoft has addressed this issue…I had Jacaranda and Sweetgum as guests on my word document shared with one person. I removed their access but these guests won’t go away. Finally Sweetgum went away but I still have Jaracanda. This is definitely a security issue cos I can’t even delete or rename my own file. SMH, the really need to come up with a solution. Or do they need it to trend on social media before they act on it. This is really creepy and giving trust issues

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T17:56:47+00:00

    YES THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!!! I opened an excel sheet shared with my daughter VIA EMAIL... ANd all of a sudden two dots popped up SHAKA and someone else were viewing my file, I couldn't unshare as they weren't anywhere to be unshared, they couldn't be clicked on, there was NOTHING I could do, EXCEL HACKED??????? Did they install something on my computer now? AM I AT RISK???

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments