How can there be guests on my excel sheet that i did not give access to??

Anonymous
2023-03-01T11:28:15+00:00

I had 2 'Guests' on my outlook excel file with personal information. Last one's name 'Sugarberry' . I could not get them off as they were not listed on my 'Share' list of guests.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | Other | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-04T05:13:01+00:00

    I have the same issue, the person logged in is called Tangerine. they dod not show up on my share list and it is only on 1 spreadsheet

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-04T15:06:28+00:00

    I had a Tangerine in my document as well. I still have not heard back from Microsoft.

    Did you happen to have the Numerous.AI add-on installed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-05T03:39:05+00:00

    No I don't have the Numerous.AI add-on installed.

    One of the workers with shared access did input some data that day, i am wondering if he has a VPN installed on his PC or his virus/security program causes it, you would think Microsoft would know about it though, especially with the fruit names

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-07T14:56:41+00:00

    Good point about the VPN. That may have something to do with it as the coworkers I shard the document with utilize a VPN. IF Microsoft ever returns a response to me I'll bring up this point.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-08T01:16:13+00:00

    I have had the same issue with Coffeetree, Ash, Bismark.

    One user after the other and showing 'has this workbook open' and 'is editing this workbook' but nothing has been added or deleted. This is the 1st time this has ever happened. I have not shared these files with ANYONE. What is happening - this is not good!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments