How can there be guests on my excel sheet that i did not give access to??

Anonymous
2023-03-01T11:28:15+00:00

I had 2 'Guests' on my outlook excel file with personal information. Last one's name 'Sugarberry' . I could not get them off as they were not listed on my 'Share' list of guests.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | Other | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-05-25T17:17:49+00:00

    I have the same problem. Coralberry and Corriander have it open. I can't even delete the file as it is open by someone else! This is crazy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-05-16T16:27:31+00:00

    I don't think these are random guests looking at your spreadsheet. I think for some reason the user "id" of the people you have shared it with are not getting recognized and excel assigns a random "guest" name. We were given "citrus" and "crabwood". It was obvious it was us as the cells we clicked in became highlighted as we moved around the spreadsheet. Not sure why this is happening however.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-26T23:05:35+00:00

    I am having the same issue. I shared an excel file with 1 person, sent a link via email to their Gmail, and now have 2 'Guests' - Juniper and Pepperwood - and I cannot remove them. I removed access to the 1 person I shared the link with, yet the 2 guests still show up in my file. I cannot delete the file, rename, etc. as they are still in the file. Under "Manage Access", there is no one else to remove. The person I originally shared with is also unable to remove the access, as suggested by Shakiru.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-12T08:23:08+00:00

    No! Still a mystery! ...and I had a Honeydew visiting as well.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-11T18:36:25+00:00

    I am having the same issue. An excel file shared with only one other person. We had two extra guests that we could not remove.. quickly deleted the data but I am unsure if they can still access the old versions? Very frightening! Names included Jacaranda, who's name then changed to Jackfruit, and then Sycamore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments