How can there be guests on my excel sheet that i did not give access to??

Anonymous
2023-03-01T11:28:15+00:00

I had 2 'Guests' on my outlook excel file with personal information. Last one's name 'Sugarberry' . I could not get them off as they were not listed on my 'Share' list of guests.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | Other | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-03T15:46:10+00:00

    Has anyone received any updates to this security issue with Microsoft? I had the same issue just today.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-03T15:35:11+00:00

    I ran into the same issue this morning. There were 4 other "guests" in my document with names of 'Melon', 'Papaya', 'Sycamore'! etc. They don't show up on my guest list in managed access. Interesting we both had the same name drop into a document.

    Did you find anything else out?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-25T18:59:08+00:00

    Same issue here. I've removed the Link entirely, revoked access except to my co-workers and "Cogwell" (guest) is showing up.

    Talk about losing my composure. These are private spreadsheets for a reason. Microsoft needs to get it together.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-05-25T17:19:32+00:00

    This is not the person I shared with as she does not have the file open and I removed her access. I can't even delete the file!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments