How can there be guests on my excel sheet that i did not give access to??

Anonymous
2023-03-01T11:28:15+00:00

I had 2 'Guests' on my outlook excel file with personal information. Last one's name 'Sugarberry' . I could not get them off as they were not listed on my 'Share' list of guests.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | Other | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-17T02:10:01+00:00

    I'm having same problem with "Bayberry (Guest)". My friend told me he also has random fruit-themed names popping up

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-03T17:26:36+00:00

    Be aware, specific people will not work unless all those on the list have a Microsoft account. MS recommends having others create an account with their current email address.

    I found this out when researching why I got the spinning wheel on setting shares.

    I think others in this thread are correct, MS is assigning random names to non MS account users who have been sent the link to these sheets.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-03T15:52:16+00:00

    Have the same problem tonight.

    Got visited by "Spurge", then followed by "Citrus" into the excel.

    I'd changed the manage access to "Specific People" instead of shared link which no one had shared out.

    And the adjustment to "Specific People" is taking forever to loop and set up the new link. Currently... still not working...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-29T17:16:30+00:00

    I've got the same poblem. Very disquieting. Do we trust onedrive?

    Come one, Microsoft! Answer, please.

    No confidence.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-25T10:38:18+00:00

    I had the same problem yesterday, only with a Word doc not Excel. I just pressed "share" to share with my other email. Nothing happened. No window asking who I wanted to share with. Than suddenly these "guests" started appering! There were so many of them. Started with Kholrabi, Beetroot, Chives, Clover- than Sugarberry, Pineberry and Mesquite. ****? I have no idea who has seen this document which was private and confidential. Does anyone have any idea what`s going on??

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments