How can there be guests on my excel sheet that i did not give access to??

Anonymous
2023-03-01T11:28:15+00:00

I had 2 'Guests' on my outlook excel file with personal information. Last one's name 'Sugarberry' . I could not get them off as they were not listed on my 'Share' list of guests.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | Other | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-12T04:29:58+00:00

    I just opened a word document and a dialogue box opened with the words "sugarberry is here with you" next to the comments button. Must be some sort of internal bug or glitch because I didn't share that document

    I am showing Blueberry (Guest) on my spreadsheet that is shared between my husband and I only. NO ONE ELSE. What gives on this issue???

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-06T14:21:19+00:00

    I just opened a word document and a dialogue box opened with the words "sugarberry is here with you" next to the comments button. Must be some sort of internal bug or glitch because I didn't share that document

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-18T22:03:12+00:00

    My question is, how can appear accounts who sees the document and didn't get the link?

    Maybe the link generator is insecure?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-18T21:49:25+00:00

    I have the same issue...
    And what If my friend shared sensitive information in the document?

    I've deleted the document right after I noticed there are others in the doc, but I don't think I was quick enough. A selectAll+clipboard could be faster.
    This is not the first time when I see BIG problems with o365/ onedrive.

    Simply I can't belive what I had to experience with this "software package".

    What if someone abuses the sensitive data I provided? how can I prove ms fault? I can guess... no way

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-17T08:43:46+00:00

    Hi, i’ve tried with new file shared by “anyone can access with link” and finally, I found out that these random users are just user that are not signed with Microsoft account.

    I have tried with new private window in my browser without being signed on my Microsoft account, and one of this random users appeared immediately.

    If it can help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments