How can there be guests on my excel sheet that i did not give access to??

Anonymous
2023-03-01T11:28:15+00:00

I had 2 'Guests' on my outlook excel file with personal information. Last one's name 'Sugarberry' . I could not get them off as they were not listed on my 'Share' list of guests.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | Other | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-03T17:26:36+00:00

    Be aware, specific people will not work unless all those on the list have a Microsoft account. MS recommends having others create an account with their current email address.

    I found this out when researching why I got the spinning wheel on setting shares.

    I think others in this thread are correct, MS is assigning random names to non MS account users who have been sent the link to these sheets.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-29T17:16:30+00:00

    I've got the same poblem. Very disquieting. Do we trust onedrive?

    Come one, Microsoft! Answer, please.

    No confidence.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-22T16:00:01+00:00

    I have had Honeydew and Canarywood viewing my Excel doc when I know for a fact I only shared it with my husband who signed in as a guest with his Gmail.

    So after finding this thread I simply deleted the document and proceeded to create a Google Sheets doc instead for the security.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-21T08:28:09+00:00

    I have NO shares and can send images - yet still says someone still Guava (Guest) Has this workbook open

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-18T14:02:08+00:00

    Same here. Mine is "Turnip (Guest)."

    I have an Excel worksheet that I have only shared with my work email address. I am the only person with access to the file and do it so I can add information when I'm at work.

    I get an email when I open the file at work and DID NOT get an email from "Turnip (Guest)" showing up as accessing the file. Scared the hell out of me. Went to the share options and only saw my access and my work email address access. Nothing logged for "Turnip." I took away access to the work address and renamed the file.

    I am very worried about this. Microsoft we need answers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments