How can there be guests on my excel sheet that i did not give access to??

Anonymous
2023-03-01T11:28:15+00:00

I had 2 'Guests' on my outlook excel file with personal information. Last one's name 'Sugarberry' . I could not get them off as they were not listed on my 'Share' list of guests.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | Other | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-22T23:37:12+00:00

    yes I think you may have it

    I was signed in, not signed in and Juniper (guest) came up and freaked me out

    what a pity they don't tell you that they'll do this - I just wasted 20 mins

    but i do realise that the instructions they give for checking guests and visitors - I only get accessability when I click the 3 dots - so I have to work that out now

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-12T04:29:58+00:00

    I just opened a word document and a dialogue box opened with the words "sugarberry is here with you" next to the comments button. Must be some sort of internal bug or glitch because I didn't share that document

    I am showing Blueberry (Guest) on my spreadsheet that is shared between my husband and I only. NO ONE ELSE. What gives on this issue???

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-17T08:43:46+00:00

    Hi, i’ve tried with new file shared by “anyone can access with link” and finally, I found out that these random users are just user that are not signed with Microsoft account.

    I have tried with new private window in my browser without being signed on my Microsoft account, and one of this random users appeared immediately.

    If it can help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-08T01:16:13+00:00

    I have had the same issue with Coffeetree, Ash, Bismark.

    One user after the other and showing 'has this workbook open' and 'is editing this workbook' but nothing has been added or deleted. This is the 1st time this has ever happened. I have not shared these files with ANYONE. What is happening - this is not good!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-03T15:46:10+00:00

    Has anyone received any updates to this security issue with Microsoft? I had the same issue just today.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments