Copy/paste from Word to Whatsapp leads to pasting of text image, not text (Mac OS)

Anonymous
2022-05-24T15:45:52+00:00

Hello!

When I paste from MS Word to Whatsapp desktop version, the text doesn't paste. Instead, an image of the text appears. However if I copy and paste the text from apple notes or powerpoint, there's no issue. I can't figure out why this only happens in Word. Any suggestions? Thank you, Tyler

MacBook Pro running Mac OSBigSur 11.6.2

MS Word version 16.60

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | Other | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Jim G 134.1K Reputation points MVP
2022-05-26T02:34:56+00:00

Hi

Test to see if Word is copying text. Copy text in Word and switch to TextEdit and then paste. TextEdit can't display pictures, so if the text appears, then you know Word put text onto the clipboard. Try pasting in other apps, as well.

Word has no control over what WhatsApp does with the clipboard. Apparently WhatsApp is doing something odd with the clipboard.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-29T15:16:35+00:00

    Go to System Preference:

    1. Keyboard
    2. Shortcut
    3. App Shortcut
    4. Click + symbol

    Application: All Applications
    Menu Title: Paste
    Keyboard Shortcut: ⌘v (press both at the same time)

    Add

    It works for me, now I can paste from Words to Whatsapp, and I can select emojis from the touch bar 🌻 to be shown on Whatsapp.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-29T19:19:08+00:00

    Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, this solution did not work for me.

    The problem might be due to the fact that I use Hebrew fonts even though it seems strange to me, as this has never occurred in any other applications.

    Anyway, thanks a lot

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-02T01:44:05+00:00

    Hi, I have the same problem, and actually also from outlook I can't copy/paste into whatsapp. It works with Excel though. As I have not found a permanent solution, I found a workaround: I copy/paste into the Mac application "NOTES" and from there I can copy/paste into whatsapp. It is not ideal but it works. Best,

    Nick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-02T03:23:20+00:00

    Thanks Nick, that's what I am doing too...

    On the other hand, this is not a solution to an existing problem. Since others experience the same issue so in my opinion, Facebook should solve this in an orderly manner and not let their users invent local "improvisations".

    Alon

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments