Copy/paste from Word to Whatsapp leads to pasting of text image, not text (Mac OS)

Anonymous
2022-05-24T15:45:52+00:00

Hello!

When I paste from MS Word to Whatsapp desktop version, the text doesn't paste. Instead, an image of the text appears. However if I copy and paste the text from apple notes or powerpoint, there's no issue. I can't figure out why this only happens in Word. Any suggestions? Thank you, Tyler

MacBook Pro running Mac OSBigSur 11.6.2

MS Word version 16.60

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | Other | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Jim G 134.1K Reputation points MVP
2022-05-26T02:34:56+00:00

Hi

Test to see if Word is copying text. Copy text in Word and switch to TextEdit and then paste. TextEdit can't display pictures, so if the text appears, then you know Word put text onto the clipboard. Try pasting in other apps, as well.

Word has no control over what WhatsApp does with the clipboard. Apparently WhatsApp is doing something odd with the clipboard.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-27T15:09:08+00:00

    Weird. I'm sorry that didn't work for you. After I saw your reply I tried it again. Used Chrome and went to WhatsApp.com and clicked on WhatsApp Web. I copied something from MS Word but it wouldn't paste into WhatsApp. So I opened up Safari and repeated the same steps. My copy from MS Word copied right in. Hopefully you will find something that works for you. I know it is very frustrating and I have no idea why it happens, or even why it works with Safari but not with Chrome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-27T16:10:40+00:00

    I'm missing something, what is the connection between the browser (Chrome or Safari) and the WhatsApp Mac application?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-27T16:18:46+00:00

    Beats me. I'm not a techy kind of guy, I just know it works for me. I'm using an Imac OS Monterey 12.5.1.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-08-28T06:00:47+00:00

    I got it. You are not using the Mac app but the Safari web app directly on the Safari browser.

    That way In Safari it does work as you mentioned.

    Since I am using Chrome, it means that I have to open both - Chrome and Safari just in order to use WhatsApp...

    It's twisted a bit but it is also a solution...

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments