Copy/paste from Word to Whatsapp leads to pasting of text image, not text (Mac OS)

Anonymous
2022-05-24T15:45:52+00:00

Hello!

When I paste from MS Word to Whatsapp desktop version, the text doesn't paste. Instead, an image of the text appears. However if I copy and paste the text from apple notes or powerpoint, there's no issue. I can't figure out why this only happens in Word. Any suggestions? Thank you, Tyler

MacBook Pro running Mac OSBigSur 11.6.2

MS Word version 16.60

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | Other | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Jim G 134.1K Reputation points MVP
2022-05-26T02:34:56+00:00

Hi

Test to see if Word is copying text. Copy text in Word and switch to TextEdit and then paste. TextEdit can't display pictures, so if the text appears, then you know Word put text onto the clipboard. Try pasting in other apps, as well.

Word has no control over what WhatsApp does with the clipboard. Apparently WhatsApp is doing something odd with the clipboard.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-27T06:23:41+00:00

    Hi

    I tried it. Unfortunately it didn't work for me. This is beyond performing an "acrobatic exercise with four fingers"...

    Anyhow Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-26T18:04:53+00:00

    Hi! I found a way around it which is easier: I used Option + Cmd + Shift + V to paste (past without format) and it worked perfectly!

    I hope this helps

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-24T20:49:11+00:00

    I've been having this problem for about a month or two. I found a work around, but who wants a work around? I want my apps to work. Copy and paste should not be that big a deal for either Microsoft or WhatsApp, both of which are owned by two of the biggest corporations in the world.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-08-11T07:08:04+00:00

    Hi.. I just had this problem yesterday... has there been any solution for this...?

    Hi,

    I wish but unfortunately not. The only option I found is to use "Notes" or similar (an Apple app) - to write there and then copy & paste to the Whatsapp bar.

    Microsoft claims that this is not their problem...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments